The American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information We Collect
Never, under any circumstance, will any party’s credit card, debit card, or other bank account information be stored on our web site server or within the site itself.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
All computers have the ability to automatically accept or decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser, which determines how to deal with cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
If you are an existing member or customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Furthermore, we may use your data to provide you with information about unrelated goods and services, which we consider may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
If you are a new member or customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
If you do not want us, or third parties to use your data, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our web hosting company’s secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site is encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company, and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
Links to other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by ACOMS. Please be aware that we, ACOMS, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.
Access to Personal Information
You may access, update, and rectify your personal information on your profile directly. You may further request that your personal information be erased or restricted. If you do so, we will delete your account and you will no longer have access to all the services on our website.
At any time, you may modify your personal information including removing personal information from our website database. To do so, visit the "Manage Profile" area of the website.
To obtain a copy of your personal information, or request the deletion of your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. DEFINITIONS - “Third Party" means an actual or prospective customer, distributor, reseller, vendor, supplier, consultant, professional adviser, business partner, or any other third party that does or may do business with ACOMS. "Personal Information" means data relating to any Third Party, which allow the identification of an individual person directly or indirectly from that data (such as information relating to an employee or a representative of a Third Party, or any information about a Third Party's own consumers, customers or suppliers). Examples may include name, address, email, telephone number, customer ID, or tax ID.
3. DATA PRIVACY PRINCIPLES - The core data privacy principles below are the foundation of this Policy.
3.1 Lawfulness, fairness and transparency. ACOMS shall process Personal Information fairly, and in accordance with this Policy and applicable laws.
3.2 Data Accuracy. ACOMS will take all reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is accurate and complete and will rectify or erase any incorrect Personal Information without delay.
3.3 Purpose Limitation. ACOMS will ensure that Personal Information collected is for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and only to the extent necessary to fulfill those purposes.
3.4 Data Retention. ACOMS will only keep Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with local law.
3.5 Data Security. All Personal Information collected will be processed in a secure manner.
4. PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING - ACOMS collects Personal Information in order to perform its business functions and to provide and/or to source services to and/or from Third Parties. The standard purposes for which ACOMS collects and processes Personal Information include: a) the administration of orders and accounts; b) the provision of products and services; c) business development; d) marketing, advertising, and public relations in connection with ACOMS's business activities, goods, or services; e) customer relationship management, including satisfaction surveys, customer claims, and after sales service; f) the conduct of ACOMS’s business activities; g) compliance with applicable law or regulation; h) any other purpose which the data subject is informed of from time to time when conducting business with ACOMS.
5. TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED - The types of Personal Information ACOMS collects and processes include: a) identification data, such as first and last name, date and place of birth, nationality, client ID; b) contact details, such as address, telephone number, and email address; c) professional details, such as job title, affiliated organization, data related to transactions involving goods and services, and data relating to business projects; d) when permitted by law, national identifiers, such as tax ID and government identification number; e) financial data, such as bank account number and bank details. ACOMS may also collect Personal Information, directly and by automated means, whenever a Third Party accesses ACOMS’s websites. For more information on how ACOMS collects Personal Information on its websites, please refer to ACOMS’s Web Privacy Statement on the ACOMS website
6. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF DATA - ACOMS only allows access to Personal Information by those who require access to perform their job duties and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for access to that information.
6.1 Group entities. Personal Information may be shared with ACOMS’s group entities, in compliance with applicable law, for purposes consistent with this Policy.
6.2 Vendors and suppliers. ACOMS may share or disclose Personal Information to vendors and suppliers who perform specific activities on behalf of ACOMS.
6.3 Law enforcement purposes. If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, ACOMS may disclose any information about Third Parties. ACOMS also may disclose information collected about Third Parties in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
6.4 Sale or merger of business. ACOMS may transfer Personal Information to a Third Party, if it or any of its affiliates is involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
7. SECURITY AND INTEGRITY OF DATA - ACOMS maintains appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to help maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of Personal Information and to protect it against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in its possession.
8. DATA TRANSFERS - ACOMS may transfer Personal Information to countries outside of an individual’s home country. When it does, ACOMS will implement appropriate safeguards to protect the Personal Information that is being transferred.
9. DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS - Data subjects have a right to access and to obtain a copy of their Personal Information, and to request that it is updated or rectified where it is outdated or inaccurate. Data subjects may further request that their Personal Information be erased or restricted where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed. To obtain a copy of, or update Personal Information, please send an email to info@ACOMS.org.
10. DIRECT MARKETING - ACOMS may use some of the Personal Information it collects from Third Parties for marketing purposes. If data subjects no longer wish to receive marketing messages from ACOMS or its partners, they may exercise their right to opt-out from receiving such messages by following the instructions included in the message they receive from ACOMS or by emailing ACOMS at info@ACOMS.org.
11. WHO TO CONTACT - For any questions or comments in relation to this Policy, or ACOMS's privacy practices, please contact info@ACOMS.org.